Sunday, March 31, 2013

Slice of Life March Challenge #31


Wow--what a month this has been!  It seems like it was just yesterday that I was debating about whether or not to participate in the Slice of Life Challenge.  I'm so happy that I took it on!

This month...
  • I learned a lot.  I learned a lot about the type of person that I am, about the things I love and value in my life, and about what writing means to me.

  • I pushed myself to write every day--31 days to be exact--the most I probably have ever done consecutively. Even when I was tired, cranky, feeling lazy, or had come down with a serious case of writer's block, I pushed through!


  • I read so many amazing slices from all of you.  Your stories and writing inspired me, every day.


  • I looked forward to coming home from work and slicing.  It was actually a really relaxing way to unwind after a long day. And I started to really think about all of the things that happened during the day--the funny, interesting, sad, and happy moments.


  • I started to appreciate the little things, the little moments in my life.  I found that the little things can be significant, they can be powerful.


  • I became even more excited about teaching writing and about writing myself.


  • I remembered why I became a teacher in the first place and realized how lucky I am to be a part of a community of such truly amazing people.


I'm so thankful for everyone who participated in the March Challenge.  I'm thankful because I got to be a part of a wonderful group of supportive and encouraging teachers--of creative and reflective writers.  Your kind comments put a smile on my face every day, and I felt uplifted from reading your remarkable writing.

Thank you for a great month! 


1 comment: